How do I care for my new tattoo?
Tattoo after care instructions courtesy of Nova Tattoo Studio:
Bandage must stay on a minimum of 4 hours
With CLEAN HANDS, carefully:
- Remove bandage.
- Wash thoroughly with warm water and liquid anti-bacterial fragrance free hand soap (soft soap/dial). Use fingertips only, no Washcloths. It should feel squeaky clean, with no slime.
- Dry tattoo by pressing gently with a CLEAN PAPER TOWEL.
- Wash tattoo 3 to 4 times a day for 5 days.
- From the third day on use white unscented lotion, such as Lubriderm. Allow tattoo to air dry fully, before applying "small" amount lotion to the tattoo.
- Wash tattoo between applications of lotion.
- Allow 6 to 8 weeks for tattoo to heal.
- Your tattoo must be cared for properly, it is your obligation.
- Wear clean loose clothing over tattoo.
- Keep all hands off tattoo unless washing, until healed.
- Do not scratch or pick tattoo.
- No tanning for 4 weeks.
- No swimming for 2 weeks or until tattoo is healed.
When you get a tattoo at Nova Tattoo Studio, it is performed by highly trained professionals who adhere to strict standards of proper sterile procedures and application in a modern studio. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call: (503) 256-0864.
Disclaimer: Please note this is to be used as a guide and is not intended as medical diagnosis, advice or prescribing. Seek the care of a medical care professional if you suspect an infection, have a temperature or experience any discomfort over what is customary for a tattoo.